Friday 12 August 2011

CCG 204 - Featured Member

I was very honoured to be asked to be featured member for the 204 combo week over at CCG.
It's always a great pleasure to play there when I finally select my papers to match the  colours that week.
I always try to add the designers challenge as well just to make it that little bit more challenging, mind you I find just picking the correct matches in the first place a hard enough challenge lol


This weeks challenge was easy! Hmm so I thought yep I have the perfect pics lots of nice beachy ones but when I started to go through my pics I suddenly remembered this great pic I had of Leon when we were at Challaborough.
He had had enough of getting lost when he took the dogs out for a hike (unfortunately my back problem wont allow me to go with him but oopsy that leaves me much more time to scrap in the accomodation) that he decided to get a map, this one his mum gave him on a string in a protective plastic that hung around his neck! Anyways I sort of digress as soon as I saw this I though of GRID in a whole different way, grids on the map!
I used Basic Grey Pheriphery range and the backing paper has a grid imprint on it,which I coated with a whitewash as I thought it was a couple of shades darker than the light greeny/yellow colour.
 I faux stitched some blue gridlines around the edge and the map paper I used is from an old A-Z address book. The blue grid behind the pictures I handcut then ran through the embosser with a woodgrain folder finally painted blue with acrylic paint.
I used a few different alphas to make up the title "I would be lost without you" and the word lost I cut on my sizzix and the used glossy accents to make them shiny. Some distressing and string and a few other bits from my stash.

As I thought I had gone rather offtrack I thought I would make a card with more of a regular grid design to it. I quite often struggle for masculine cards but these Hero Arts sillouette stamps make for  a simple and effective design.

Hope you like both and I thought I would give a bit more of a detailed view into the process of the layout/colour combo
It was a pleasure to design for CCG this week and I want to thank them for the opportunity
Toodle Pip xxx

3 comments:

  1. A big CONGRATS on being chosen Tracee. That's quite an honour!!
    I loved both your lo and our card.
    That big bird on your lo is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracee, first it was nice to chat to you the other day and get to know you a bit, second thanks for the support on the back to school blog hop I am doing, I appreciate it. CONGRATS on featured design team member, wooohooo, and you did an amazing job, that layout is genius, love the idea of the map as the grid and the pic and story is lovely, now I know why you couldn't get your layout for CCG 203 done when we where chatting, LOL. You take care my friend and have a fabulous weekend hope you are celebrating with a nice bottle of something,Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tracee! Popped over from CCG for the scoop on your l/o - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments