Thursday 15 May 2014

Up up & Away

I was so excited to be asked to be a guest designer over at Scrap Africa, I was asked to make 2 cards with a Masculine and a Feminine theme. I was in the middle of coating some balloons with book paper and decided to make these into fun birth announcements (sort of an elaborate card!)


 
I just love how they turned out!
 
After covering the baloons with book paper I gave a quick coat of gesso and then added strips of pattered paper. These take ages to dry properly and I left them dangling from the washing line for the day
 
 
I created some rolled roses for the sides and this also doubled to cover the strings that attach to the base of the balloon.
 
 
 
 
The bases are stacked corrugated cardboard that I glued together and then covered with paper and added a border punched edge (another way to cover up any raw edges)
A few more of the rolled roses and a couple of store bought butterflies finished it off.
 
 
 
For the "Crowns" I cut a cupcake wrapper on my cameo and glued it to the top, I then added a spray of wired stars/hearts that look like they are bursting from the top of the balloon.
 
 
I made a layered centrepiece for the front and was thinking that these could be personalised too! (ote to self must cover more balloons lol)
 
 
 
 
 
I had real fun making these and am definately going to be making more!
 
Thank you for looking
Toodle Pip x

 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What fantastic creations!!! They are beautiful! You are 1 very clever lady!
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments