Monday 17 March 2014

Dance Frame

I just realised that I never shared this doily project I had up on the BoBunny blog a few weeks ago, I created this framed silhouette dance piece for my Grandaughter who is doing really well with her dance classes (that's not her trophy btw it's my hubby's who won a cycling competition in 2013), hope you like it.


There are always new trends in the Papercrafting world and some I skip right over and others are with me for a long time. Doilies happen to be a particular favourite of mine and I have incorporated them into lots of my creations. For this project they are the main focus and I have used them in a couple of different ways.


Firstly I used them to decoupage this plain wooden frame, I started by using gesso all over the frame, then glued pieces of them all around the edges, I used a further coat of gesso and then dry brushed some black paint to highlight the patterns. Finally I sprayed some gold mist to give it an aged look.

You can paint or spray the doilies (taking care when they are wet that you don't break them), I chose to do both here and I then used the sprayed ones as a mat for my silhouettes and the painted ones I tucked around the inside edges of my frame. A fairly simple project with a striking result don't you think?

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper; Cozy/Woodland Winter; Boyfriend/Head Over Heels.
Cardstock; Licorice Stripe/Doubledot
Doilies; Medium, Large

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments