Friday 26 October 2012

Picking Berries - Echo Park

Happy Friday Everyone
I am back with my layout from the papermaze blog in full
This was my layout



This was the sketch I chose to work with as I wanted to scrap these fun pictures of my youngest daughter and my Granddaughter when they found some blackberries at the end of our garden.
The sketch is from a new (to me) site I found called www.pagedrafts.com and I like the lots of small picture sketches there
I started by roughly tearing my paper into strips using longer strips on one side adding strips of tape too, I tucked the pictures into the torn strips and then joined the 2 with the large gate sticker from Echo Park This N That Graceful range which you can find in the shop here (will list all supplies at the end). I like to add as many little embellishments as I can so I added some machine stitching, brads and more stickers from the sticker sheets. I usually prefer hidden journaling and so tucked a Journaling card down in behind the photo to write my story on. After stitching across the letter stickers I used the stray ends to tie the sign to the gate sticker so that it hangs across the gate.
You don't have to be to precise when tearing, as you can see I just tore randomly the width of the strip I wanted. 

Hope everyone has a scrappy happy weekend
Toodle Pip X

 

7 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo beautiful!! I love love love the way you 'split' the design and love love love the little fence!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool layout! Loving the way the fence links both sides of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous lo! Love how you used the sketch! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Your take on the sketch is awesome! Love how the fence ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank for introducing me to the sketch site, it's fantastic and your Lo is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow tracee love your take on the sketch can I share on the Page Drafts Fb page?? Thanks heaps Em

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments