Tuesday 25 March 2014

Follow Your Dreams

Today I am up on the BoBunny blog, sharing this dreamcatcher I created, using Washi Tape for the feathers



I decided to create a Dreamcatcher. They are such a fascinating concept. Catch Your Dreams--who wouldn't love that every once in a while? And rather than just use patterned paper or cardstock for my feathers, I decided that they would look great cut out of Washi Tape. Like a lot of us, I have an addiction to Washi Tape, so when BoBunny released their new Washi Tape I was in sticky heaven.

 

I first backed my Washi Tape with patterned paper from the Pop Quiz 6 x 6 paper pad. This way, if the feathers spin around they are pretty on the back too. I then ran them through my die cutting machine, but they could also be handcut for the same effect.

 

I took a Medium Sized Doily and cut the middle out, and then fixed it to acetate. The trickiest bit was getting the center circle in the right place. I first backed it onto some more acetate to give it rigidity to be able to sew through. I cut more circles from the patterned paper and Double Dot cardstock to cover any rough edges.

 

I cut lots of feathers in various patterns from the great range that BoBunny has, and wrapped the top with embroidery floss to make it look a little more rustic and also to catch hold of the thread that they dangle from.
I now have a lovely decoration to put in my scraproom tat will catch any dreams that may drift in through my window.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper; Gift Shoppes/Silver & Gold
6 x 6 Paper Pad; Pop Quiz
Cardstock; Shadow Vintage Dot, Licorice Dot
Washi Tape; Black & White Patterned, Kraft Patterned
Doilies; Medium
Jewels; Happy Tails

1 comment:

  1. Tracee...your dreamcatcher is gorgeous. I would luv to make one...how about a tutorial? TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments