Friday 6 April 2012

AAM April Challenge

{AAM April Challenge} In The Now

This month's challenge is going to provide a very unique opportunity for all of us. My hope is that many will be able to participate because it will be an approach that all can relate to in their own unique way. We are going to scrapping about the NOW. Here are a few ideas to get your mojo going:


  • Current Emotion. Today. What exactly are you feeling? Is life so grand and you are walking a cloud? Or perhaps you are feeling flustered, upset or irritated? Whatever your current emotion is, scrap it. Use some symbolism. Grab a self photo that portrays that emotion.
  • Meal of the day. What are you eating? Is it your favourite meal? Or maybe you are fasting for medical reasons or doing a cleanse. 
  • Don't want to scrap your food? How about your current physical appearance?
  • What about the weather or the current state of your house? Car? Laundry pile? The scenario in your house? Is the husband snoring on the chair while the kids have their noses to the TV screen? Are you in the midst of a killer family Extreme Monopoly game??? Who is winning? 
See? It can be anything but the challenge is it needs to be about NOW. Not a memory to preserve. Not a hope for the future but what it is right NOW. 

I won these lovely Bo Bunny Alora papers and I am so happy with the bright colours and fresh look they give.
I do have rather a long explanation for my layout so if you care to read I apologise for the lengthy ramble
When I first approached this challenge I asked a friend to give me a time and a date and then I set an alarm on my phone, so that I could record whatever I was doing at that time, so 15th March 10am I was just getting out of bed after a rather sleepless night due to "toothache"! So I decided that I couldn't do a layout about getting up but I could certainly create one about the thing that had been on my mind 24/7 for the weeks leading up to and beyond that day "My Teeth" an odd subject maybe but a bittersweet story of the past couple of months even years.
About 2 years or so ago I was unfortunate enough to have to have a denture fitted for my 2 front teeth, boy that thing was ugly, uncomfortable and downright depressing. Long story short My Mum offered to help me out financially in order to replace the plastic beast. So the past couple of months have been filled with dental appointments, pain & a whole host of other annoyances, but finally I have a Maryland Bridge and no more dentures which gives me a "Brand New Smile" & a lot more confidence to smile, laugh and pose for pics. So if you have made it this far you will now know one of my embarrassing secrets, but I am glad I was able to share the story behind my layout.
Hope you will all play along this month and check out what the DT did here there are some great ideas to help you complete your "NOW"
Toodle Pip xxx

3 comments:

  1. Good for your for scrapping this moment in your life... that is awesome that your Mom helped you out so you could have the smile you deserve!!! Your lo is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee all the bright, happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice reading that story! This is why I love challenges like this. We go to much different places to tell our stories. Thanks so much for sharing this bit about yourself. I think your smile looks beautiful and I love your bright, cheerful layout! It really portrays your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page Tracee and congrats on winning those gorgeous papers! Love that you have used them so nicely against the white - I love bright but hate it when the whole page is just overwhelmingly colourful - you have used this collection to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments