Wednesday 16 October 2013

Bo Bunny halloween mailbox

I was up on the BoBunny blog with a new project.
 Halloween is such a fun holiday, and the Fright Night collection captures that element perfectly.
I was eager to use it to create something fun to represent the holiday theme, but what to create? I have had the mailbox idea for a while, and by fussy cutting some of the elements from the patterned paper, I knew they would be just right for this mini project.


First of all, I wanted to create a base for my mailbox to sit on, so I layered up some corrugated cardboard and covered it with the Double Dot Chocolate Stripe paper which has a sort of a wood grain effect. I carefully cut the "Boo" banner from the spooky paper and attached it to 2 wooden skewers to hang across the back of the base.



The actual mailbox is cut from Double Dot Shadow Vintage, which is a great quality textured cardstock, both strong and pliable, perfect for mini projects such as these.
Underneath the mailbox is a graveyard, complete with pumpkins gravestones and ghosts. I used a leaf punch to create the grass, and I fussy cut the skeleton and layered it behind the EEK cardstock sticker, which folds down when the box is open.

I used one of the brads from the collection attached some spiders with cotton thread for you to pull open the lid and reveal the haunted village inside.

There are so many great elements to this collection, the possibilities are endless, and I had to stop myself from adding more and more!

Hope you enjoyed looking at my Halloween Mailbox. It was ultra fun to create and of course made easy by using Bo Bunny products.
Supply List




2 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest project!! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you create a scene in the lid too! Fantastic project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments