Saturday 24 May 2014

Up Up & Away with Bo Bunny

I have this project up on the Bo Bunny Blog today
Up Up & Away by Tracee Provis

 
 
With this great inspiration board to use for this project I was inspired by the soft pastel colours and the dreamy feel of the mood board, which lead me to creating this papermache Hot Air balloon that is a gift for my Granddaughter's 10th birthday and includes a secret photo pull out and surprises in the drawers.
 
 
A few close ups
 
 

 The Primrose collection has some awesome embellishments and I pulled out a few from the Noteworthy pack to make a layered centre for the body of the balloon.

The Kraft Wood Shapes Elegant make a beautiful contrast to the pinks and browns of the Primrose Collection.


Fussy cutting is such fun and Bo Bunny always have lots of elements to enable this, here I cut lots of the butterflies from various papers in the collection and added them to the pole that holds the balloon stable. For a little added interest I attached some to wires so that they can float as if suspended.
The drawers old a birthday card and a Butterfly necklace gift, for the birthday girl.


Inside the crown there is an accordion album that pulls out to reveal the numbers 1 - 10 on the front and a picture of her in the corresponding age so she can see how she has grown.
I carefully cut the outer ring from one of the crocheted flowers to add some texture to both the top and bottom part of the Hot Air Balloon. I hot glued the star to a wooden button to make the pull handle for the mini album.

Bo Bunny Supplies
Patterned Paper: Polka/Pincushion; Bliss, Cottage, Dot, Garden, Memories, Smile, Primrose/Primrose;
Cardstock: Shadow Dot, Passion Fruit Stripe
Buttons: Primrose, Pincushion
Brads: Avenues
Jewels: Frosting Jewels
Stickers: Primrose
Noteworthy: Primrose
Kraft Wood Shapes: Elegant

2 comments:

  1. This is just beyond amazing Tracee :) I love your OTP projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracee, I saw your hot air balloons on Scrap Africa as well and they are breathtaking, to say the least! Please please PLEASE won't you share a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments