Friday 5 July 2013

CSI case file 79 - Solved

I was so lucky this month to get to spend time having fun with Debbi, that also meant I got sneak peak at this months case files and earned myself the badge of "visiting detective"


A great palette don't you agree?
My Testimony
 I was inspired by the word prompts this week
Free(dom), free to try new things
Brave, brave enough to get really messy on my layout
Spark, little sparks of ideas and just run with them without thinking too much.
This layout is part of an 8 1/2 x 11 album I'm going to be working on documenting my trip to Maryland. Each layout is going to be scrapped using CSI case files and will have an envelope on the back with the palette colours and the back story inside (will add pics later)
My Evidence
Leaves
Metal (the tiny hearts)
Stripes
Polka dots
Rubons

As we were together we decide to try out a few things that we hadn't tried before.
This was the result



So I took this not so pretty AC Metropolitan paper and covered most of it with a couple of coats of gesso in differing depths over the sheet.

Then I just went to town stamping and misting, I took some older rubons and put them on the page some I went over again with the gesso to mute the look.


I used just scraps of paper and things I found on the desk (the leaves were a perfect find). I also glued down the leftover pieces of doily from my last layout to give some texture

Neither me nor Debbi had tried to take selfies before and for the first few days we couldn't even manage it without completely cracking with laughter but we got a little better as the days went on and this particular one was taken at the Zoo on a busting hot day, we didn't have the energy to crack up lol
x Toodle Pip x


1 comment:

Thankyou for your lovely comments