Sunday 26 February 2012

case file 8 - solved

 

OMG I just fell in love with the colours this week!
Whats not to love about the fresh look of this colour scheme?
This was my take

This was Josh at Wimbledon in 2010, the boy is crazy about tennis. If there is a Grand Slam on TV he will stay up late get up early whatever it takes to watch every single serve, every single set. One day I woke up to find a note "Mum I've gone to watch the tennis at Wimbledon" just like that all on his own where he had such a great day and got to see some of his favourite players. I have written this on a tag that sits behind the pic.
For my Evidence I used Stars, a solid background colour(well white is a colour! lol) & the sunburst element does sit over the edge of an element but I covered it lol also I used the composition of the image to inspire (I made the little flags to represent the cocktail sticks in the glasses) and also the drink in the glass gives a sort of circular shape, I used the yellow circles to represent this.
For my Testimony I wrote in the style of a recipe "for the best experience, Blue Skies, Green Grass, Sunshine need to be present"
A couple of close ups
My journaling that sits behind the pic pulled out
The little flags I made using scraps and cocktails sticks & I machine stitched around the edges of the yellow circles
I really enjoyed working on this (after I finished banging my head against a wall for a few hours cos it just wasn't working at the start lol)
Why not go over and check out the great DT work you won't be dissappointed, hopefully you will be inspired to take on this weeks case
 Toodle Pip Xxx




Supplies used Cosmo Cricket Jacks world(yellow), SEI ? (white with blue & green circles), Studio Calico(green), Poolside thickers, the birds are cut from a Stampin Up paper, Authentique word stickers, Sassafras stickers, various bits from my stash

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the colours and the OUAS, The banerrs and birds a cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout Tracee. You have matched the colours perfectly - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Tracee! Love all the pennant flags and those cute little birds!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments